- 07 Sat Apr 2018
East Coast She Crab Soup Classic
April 7, 2018 - 12:00pm to 2:30pm
24th Street Park
Tickets on sale now through Ticketmaster! Click to purchase
Presented by the Culinary Institute of Virginia, College of Culinary Arts of ECPI University, the East Coast She Crab Soup Classic focuses on one of the region’s most-loved seafood delicacies. This highly identifiable cuisine has been a staple of area menus for decades.
Restaurants serve their individual recipes and compete for People’s Choice Awards, determined by the ballots of those attending. Critic’s Choice Awards also are given by a panel of four leading regional cuisine experts.
The East Coast She Crab Soup Classic, presented by ECPI's University's Culinary Institute of Virginia, is a ticketed event. A limited number of tickets will be available through Ticketmaster.
Advance: $17.50 (plus convenience fee) through Ticketmaster / Day of the event: $25 (if available).
Virginia Beach Visitor Information Center is also selling tickets for $17.50 plus a $2 service fee. Cash or check only (payable to "Beach Events") – NO credit cards. The Visitor Information Center is located at 2100 Parks Avenue and is open daily from 9am to 5pm.
Please note that this event normally sells out in adavnce!
2018 participating restaurants include:
- 11th Street Taphouse Bar & Grille
- Black Pelican Seafood Company Greenbrier
- Blue Seafood & Spirits
- Busky's Chill & Grill
- C.P. Shucker's Café & Raw Bar
- Calypso Bar & Grill
- Captain George's Seafood Restaurant
- Catch 31 Fish House & Bar
- Feemason Abbey Restaurant (Hall of Fame member)
- Fish & Slips Marina Raw Bar & Grill
- Irwin's Pharmacy & Fountain
- Kelly's Gingernut Pub
- Mahi Mah's Seafood Rest. & Sushi Saloon
- McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks
- Murphy's Irish Pub
- Passion The Restaurant
- Saltine @ The Main
- Soups Plus
- The Surry Seafood Company
- Tradewinds Restaurant
The final list of participating restaurants is subject to change.
Children 12 and younger who are not sampling and are accompanied by an adult are free.
Dogs and beach chairs are not permitted in the tasting area.
The event is held rain or shine.
The Culinary Instituite of Virginia is the College of Culinary Arts of ECPI University.
Winners for 2017
- 1st Place - Blue Seafood & Spirits
- 2nd Place - Passion the Restaurant
- 3rd Place - Freemason Abbey Restaurant
Honorable Mentions: Jumpin' Shrimp Bar & Grille, Captain George's Seafood Restaurant, and C.P. Shuckers Cafe & Raw Bar
- 1st Place - Freemason Abbey Restaurant
- 2nd Place - Blue Seafood & Spirits
- 3rd Place - Murphy's Irish Pub
Honorable Mentions: Passion the Restaurant, Calypso Bar & Grill, and Captain George's Seafood Restaurant
Virginia Beach’s Best Beach Events
Dine, Celebrate and Relax Along the Oceanfront
The Virginia Beach Boardwalk is home to live music performances, surfing competitions, marathon races, art shows, festivals and much more. Many of these events occur just steps from Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront.
Upcoming Virginia Beach Events